A few days ago, while looking for ways to help our future customers make the right decisions concerning their window needs, I came across two neat websites. We at Manning Windows realize that we are not the perfect fit for each person needing replacement windows, but we still want to educate folks on making the right decision. Feel free to check out www.replacementwindowhelp.com. The website costs nothing and is a good resource. The other website is for The National Fenestration Council. While I won’t bore you with the long details about everything they do, I can tell you they have a cool feature that allows anyone to compare windows from a multitude of window manufacturers. When it comes to U value, R value, Visible light, CRF, and SHGC, this website has the info you need to compare not only windows within a certain brand but the same style windows of competing brands. Check out the site here. www.nfrc.org.
Top 6 Reasons to become a Trophy Husband
The Urban Dictionary defines a trophy husband as a man who looks amazing and sits at home all day, mooching off his wife’s money. While that could be true in some instances, it’s not a fair definition of what it truly takes to be a trophy husband in today’s society. It takes years of careful planning, hard work, and just a touch of luck and it can push a man to his breaking point. I’ll attempt to educate everyone with the following list.
1. When it comes to vacation time, you never have to ask off at work. When the Mrs. says “We are going to the beach.”, you say “Ok.” You don’t follow a schedule or have a boss.
2. If you want to stay in your pajamas all day, you can. Honestly, other than the yard man, mail man, or UPS guy, who is going to see you? You are the king of your castle. Why not act like it?
3. Shaving each day is only an option. 5 o’clock shadow from 3 days ago? No problem. Sugar Mommas love a scruffy face.
4. You can catch up on any show you have missed over the last 20 years. I highly recommend Netflix for this. You’ll save lots of time without having to sit through all the commercials. Curious as to what happened in the season 3 finale on Magnum PI? I’m not. Just sayin.
5. Since you are responsible for 90% of the grocery shopping you can buy any food you like. Don’t eat certain vegetables? Not your concern. I tend to avoid any food i can’t pronounce and anything that is featured on tv as a superfood.
6. Because of all your free time, updating your status on social media is a breeze. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and others are all updated in a matter of seconds. Most working men have to sneak around and secretly update what goes on each day. Not the Trophy Husband! If a status needs to be updated, don’t your friends really deserve to know about it instantly?
I hope this list has helped each of you better understand what goes on each day in the life of a trophy husband. It’s certainly not a job for every man and while most men will tell you that is their dream, they have neither the plan nor the means to make it happen. It should also be pointed out that even a man who isn’t a trophy husband yet can still perform most if not all of these tasks with some careful planning. Good luck to each of you. I look forward to hearing from fellow trophy husbands soon.
My name is Derek Jarnigan and I’ve decided to take up blogging. It’s not that I want to be famous. I’m already a trophy husband with a great family and some pretty awesome friends. I’m not looking to make lots of cash from blogging although I wouldn’t turn it down. What I am looking for is to educate some people, entertain others, and maybe have some fun in the process.
After months of discussion, I have been given an opportunity to join my father in law in his business. Manning Windows is a humble company. We don’t have a store front. We don’t have fancy commercials where we stand on top of windows. We don’t even have a creatively dressed mascot. What we do have are high quality vinyl replacement windows and our installers are incredible too. Could you spend more on a window? Absolutely. Are there better replacement windows on the market? Maybe, if you search hard enough. What sets us apart from all the other companies trying to sell you windows is simply us. We aren’t looking to get as much money from you as possible. We won’t sell you more window than you really need. We won’t pressure you into purchasing your windows from us. We want each and every person to have an energy efficient home and while we would love to have each and every one of you as our customer, we much prefer to call you friend.
You see relationships are the way to sell things. When we take the time to understand a person and his or her needs, we are better equipped to offer them the product that is right for them. Does it take a little extra time and effort? Of course it does. Is it worth it? Every single time. You see friends can call us when they need us. Friends can count on us when there is a problem. Friends tell their friends about things. Friends introduce their friends to each other.